Tuesday, July 16, 2013

#24 - Updates on the Life of a Rockstar Mama

Oh my goodness. It has been about FOUR months since I've last written a blog. This is embarrassing. Man, I missed writing blogs every other day. It really helped get me to let out some feelings and whatnot that I could not really speak aloud. Well, let me update you guys on a few things. As some of you know, I have started a band called, THE MIDNIGHT SESSIONS. We are a female-fronted 6 piece band with a horns section. Well, in the past few months, my band and I have grown quite close and you can say we are like a family (which is what you need to do in a band to become successful, anyways). However, we have come to lose one of our members due to scheduling conflicts and other personal reasons. So, we are trumpet-less (that's probably not even a real word but, oh well) right now and we are still looking for another member to join the band. We have been playing a lot since my last post, and we have drawn quite a few fans. It's nice to hear that people like us and our music, as much as we do. I take a lot of pride on TMS. I believe that we can get far in the music business and other careers. I am surrounded by amazing and talented guys and I only wish that we keep moving forward, no matter what happens.

Now, aside from the music scene, my life has been chaotic thus far. I have been extremely stressed out. A lot has to deal with stuff at home (that I'd rather not discuss openly). And well, let's just say...things are going to be very different from now. First off, I am now going to lead a sober life. There was this one night that changed everything for me and some people. Let's just say that it's certainly an eye-opener for us. A LOT of bad things followed that event. But anyways...as a musician, you're surrounded by alcohol and other substances ALL the time. And yes, sometimes...we just drink because our other friends are drinking and having "fun" and we want to join in and also, people somehow expect the image of a "rockstar" as someone who drinks and does drugs. I have to admit, I smoke and tend to drink to the max during shows. It helped me loosen up my nervousness (and yes, I do get nervous every single time) before I go on stage and afterwards and also, my friends and I are at a bar. So, what do you expect? We are constantly surrounded by alcohol and other substances, whether we like it or not. Well...I've decided to quit drinking and smoking because to be honest, it REALLY does blur your judgement and you can't think straight. You end up doing things you never really wanted to do in the first place. Well, all I'm saying from now on, no more drinking or smoking. It's nice to have people who support me with this decision.

Alright, next....my son is now 2 years old! Well, he became 2 on May 23rd. He's growing up so fast! He sings the ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and also sings the "E-I-E-I-O" part in Old McDonald. He is just my pride and joy. But, mind you...it's not all fun and games right now. He's at that age where he throws RAGING tantrums where he throws his body to the floor and cries and cries. Haha. All parents can relate to that. Terrible Two's, they say. Man...he's a lot to handle but I love him with all my heart. I can't wait to see what type of man he grows up to be. Hopefully, he follows the footsteps of his mommy into the world of music. But yeah. There are a lot of things to say, but unfortunately, I can't really say much here. 

OH! Btw, I got a madonna piercing and I've dyed my hair back to black with the front being blonde. Yeah, I'm very fickle when it comes to that. Like I mentioned on a previous post, I love change. I get bored easily (which may be a bad trait) and I love excitement in my life. I am looking forward for what's in my future. But as for now, I'm going to make a few changes in my lifestyle and hope it'll be the best for me and my son. And well, I'm going to stop right here and hopefully will have something to write about in my next blog. I'm sure there will be, considering I can never sleep and my mind runs like clockwork. I'll talk to you guys soon (and hopefully not for another 4 months) and either vent or blab about something I'm excited about. Once again, I apologize for not writing for a couple months. Hopefully, that'll all change real soon! 

Much love,

MD

No comments:

Post a Comment