Friday, November 30, 2012

#4 - Finding The Right Dress for the Marine Corps Ball = Mary Freaking Out

So, the Marine Corps Ball was postponed to tomorrow night, due to Hurricane Sandy. And well, I'm freaking out just a little bit. I haven't found the right dress for that night and I don't know what to do with my hair. Let me tell you about my hair. I get bored easily and have to either cut it or change its color. I used to have long hair up to my belly button, then one summer, I chopped it all off in a stylish pixie cut way back when I was 17 years old. And ever since then, I fell in love with short hair. So, the longest my hair has been, is past my chest. And I recently have started growing out my pixie cut and started to display a modern day mullet, so I went for another haircut. And now it's manageable and I quite like this cute short hair I have now. But, my hair is very stubborn and sometimes, I just brush it one way and leave the house like that. People tell me they like my hair, but I'm starting to think I want it long again. Many of my friends say to grow it out and add some bangs again. I might do that. But!!! That's not what I'm talking about. I NEED TO FIND A DRESS TONIGHT or one by tomorrow morning. I'm afraid I won't find the right one. And then, the hair issue pops up :( I really wanted to style my hair like how the ladies back in the 40s did. I wanna add some volume and some waves to it. I thought it'd be quite and sophisticated at the same time. As for the dress, I don't know what color I should choose and what style. All I know, is that I want to feel beautiful in it and not have to constantly doubt myself during the night. I want to be able to enjoy the ball with my husband. I feel like a modern day princess and my manager says that I am a modern day princess. HAHA! I wish I was. It'd be nice. But I guess, tomorrow night, I'll have the chance to feel that way.

Anyways, this is a short blog entry for me. I must be rushing out the door in a couple of minutes to search for the right dress. Never mind the shoes because I have these nice silver heels that I absolutely LOVE. I will definitely post some pictures later if I find my dress. I'm excited and anxious. And my goodness! It's freezing out! Wish me luck everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment