Thursday, November 29, 2012

#2 - Holidays and Birthdays

Is anybody else as excited as I am about the holidays?! Well, I can't even begin on what I'm excited about. Too many things! Anyways, well...as some of you know, my birthday is December 21 and I'm turning 22 years old! Can you believe it?! Haha. To be honest, I haven't had such great birthdays in a while. But, it doesn't matter as long as I get to spend it with people who care about me and whom I love. So, this year, I actually have a 45 minute acoustic set at RAPTURE LOUNGE in Astoria, Queens the night before my birthday. This is actually my second time playing at this lounge and I absolutely love the vibe of this place. So, I want to invite all of you to come join me on the night before I turn 22, and listen to some of my music LIVE. There is also another artist playing that night right after me. I go on at 8PM, but I'll be there early to grab some food to eat and perhaps a couple of drinks, if you guys would like to join me. Unfortunately, this acoustic show is only for 19+ year olds. And you must bring an ID with you and money to spend on some food and drinks. I hope you all join me on this night and celebrate 22 years of my life.

Alright, now on to the holidays. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE CHRISTMAS and HOLIDAY MUSIC. Right after Thanksgiving, I put on the radio to 106.7 FM and listen to Christmas music all day. It really cheers me up and always makes me feel like dancing around. I don't know what it is about them, but they're a great pick-me-up for me. I also can't wait to celebrate the holidays this year with Noah, my son, and my husband, Christopher. The thing about holidays and special dates such as birthdays and anniversaries and other events throughout the year, I love celebrating them the day of. To me, it makes it even special doing it the same day, and spending it with the right people. Of course, with every occasion, I love to hear music. Music is my life, what can I say? Everyday is filled with music. 

Oh! I forgot to mention that I'm planning on writing a holiday song. My manager and I were talking about topics and how 30 years from now, we'd stop by a STARBUCKS and hear my song playing and somebody else covering it. What a wonderful thought! Oh man, as I'm typing right now, I'm listening to the soundtrack to Charlie Brown's Christmas. Loved that movie. What are your favorite holiday movies? What is your all-time favorite Christmas song? I would really like to know your favorites and how you feel about this year's Christmas and New Year's. What are your New Year's resolutions? How have you changed this past year? And last but not least, are there any songs you guys would like for me to sing? Please leave me a comment and say hi! I'd love to hear from all you wonderful people <3 Well, until then, have a nice day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I have so many favorite Christmas songs... Its not Christmas til I hear Christmas Wrapping from The Waitresses, and Merry Christmas Baby from Bruce Springsteen. I love Jon Bon Jovi's Please Come Home For Chrsitmas and the more recent Rob Thomas song Christmas in New York.... BUT I have a feeling the Mary Desiree song is going to be my favorite!

    This holiday season is challenging but their is spirit in music and it saves me and lifts me every year. This is the year of enlightment - a new era begins and a lot will be accomplished!

    Rock on!

    Hal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the oldies classics as well. Like Judy Garland's rendition of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" and also Rascal Flatt's acapella version of "I'll Be Home For Christmas". I don't know what it is, but I love the slow songs because it makes me feel all snuggly haha. But mind you, I love the songs like "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree" and all that jazz haha.

      I can't wait til Christmas and my birthday!! :D

      Delete