Sunday, December 16, 2012

#13 - Apologies/Windows of Opportunity Inc. and Toy Drive for Hurricane Sandy Victims

First of all, I want to apologize for not posting any new blogs lately. I have just been really busy and tired from all the work I've been doing with my music. There is a lot to talk about. But, I will start off with what happened yesterday. 

Saturday, December 15, 2012, I volunteered to play music and provide entertainment for a TOY DRIVE for all the families who were affected by HURRICANE SANDY. Like you all may know by now, I am a part of this amazing incorporation called, WINDOWS OF OPPORTUNITY, INC. (WOO). My manager and other board directors of WOO and some models from SHORTSTACK MODELING AGENCY drove to Far Rockaway, NY, at around 6:30 in the morning. I must say that WOO and all its members are wonderful people and they all care about those who need help, especially during this holiday season. The Shortstack models volunteered out by unloading food and drinks from trucks and bringing it in the tents and handing out foods to the people who needed them. My manager and I, along with TRACY MIGNONE, provided the music and equipment needed for it. Tracy did a wonderful job with this toy drive by organizing everything and just overall, being a wonderful person to even think of doing this. I am so proud to be a part of this wonderful program. There are so much more to WINDOWS OF OPPORRTUNITY, INC that people will be seeing soon! Please check WOO out at http://www.wooinc.org, SHORTSTACK MODELING AGENCY at http://www.wooshortstack.org, ROCK UR HEART OUT at http://www.rockurheartout.com and THE INNER YOU at http://www.theinneryou.org. Here are a couple pictures taken from that day:



SHORTSTACK MODELS 2012



FOUNDER of WOO and my Manager - Hal Eisenberg




Me prepping up for performing Christmas songs and my originals for the families of the Hurricane Sandy victims.



Me and a couple of amazing kids sang Jessie J's "Price Tag". It was an absolutely amazing moment.


Windows Of Opportunity Inc. volunteering for a toy drive at Far Rockaway, NY.

This was such a wonderful experience for me and I cannot wait to do more of these events. Thanks to WOO for making me a part of this program and for allowing me to feel the joy they share with everyone else. More to come everyone!

Much love,

MD

1 comment:

  1. MD - You are a class act. Dont ever change - the world is going to fall in love with you and your music. - H

    ReplyDelete