Monday, December 17, 2012

#14 - A Duet with Jason Waters

Have you ever listened to this amazing singer-songwriter, Jason Waters? Well, if you haven't, now you will. Jason and I did a duet, recently, to Tyler Hilton's song feat. Kina Grannis "I BELIEVE IN YOU". Let me tell you something about Jason. He is so amazing and so talented that I felt quite intimidated sitting next to him while singing this duet. However, I felt quite homely at his home studio. We recorded a live version of this song and you can take a listen to the track here:



The live video recording to our duet cover is in the making, and I will be posting it here as soon as it's finished. 



Jason Waters can definitely make you feel the music when he sings and plays for you. Some of Jason's influences are John Lennon, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Johnny Cash, Coldplay, U2, Nick Drake and Ray LaMontagne. In my opinion, his voice is really unique and very captivating. Jason is also an active member in the music scene and you can even hear some of his music through college radios. This is something I am also planning on doing with my music. 

Jason just posted up in his FACEBOOK page (http://www.facebook.com/jwatersmusic), that due to the ghastly event that happened at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, he was inspired to write a song with his brother to give some sense of hope to people. The title of his song is called, "LOVE". Please take a listen to it and you can even download it here:


I told you his music was amazing. Now, here are a couple photos (some pretty funny) that was taken during our recording. Hope you guys check him out and share his pages to all of your friends and families. I promise you won't be disappointed! And don't forget to check up here for the video of this duet. Thank you all and I hope you had a wonderful day today. Until next time!

Much love,

MD











3 comments:

  1. Wow, Mary this is really cool! Thanks so much for the kind words, I'll be posting on my website this week about our duet as well. Your simply awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) No, thank YOU for being awesome. You're inspiring to myself as a singer-songwriter. And I love your music and your writing. I am looking forward to your blog and to future collaborations :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome song Jason! I love when the music community supports one another! The events in Conn are devastating to me and arent sitting well in my soul. I pray this violence stops and that the youth of our nation find inspiration and hope to overcome their challenges and reach for their dreams.

    ReplyDelete