Monday, December 24, 2012

#16 - Last Performance of 2012 @ The Alchemical Theater Laboratory (12.23)

Hello everyone! Today is officially CHRISTMAS! So, Happy Christmas to everyone! It's around 12 something in the AM over here in NY and I'm excited to spend Christmas day with my family and for them to spend time with Noah and Chris. Around lunchtime today, we're going to visit my mom, grandma, cousins and aunts and uncles and just enjoy Christmas with everyone's company. I'm sure Noah (my 19 month old son) will really appreciate being around my side of the family. I am also cooking something, soooo that is going to be fun. I was thinking of doing this pork dish I usually do, that my husband loves, but then...I'm thinking of doing a filipino dessert dish called - Turon. It's basically like an egg roll...but it's filled with plantains/bananas with some jackfruit and fried with brown sugar. It's SOOOO yummy! Anyways, I'll figure out later what to cook haha.

So, I must tell you all, I did my last show of 2012 at this amazing venue in NYC - THE ALCHEMICAL THEATER LABORATORY. I feel bad because I keep messing up the name and ended up putting on my YOUTUBE video (THE ALCHEMICAL LABORATORY THEATER). But, it's understandable haha. Here's a clip of one of my originals that I performed that night.


There were tons of great acts that night and I definitely was fans of all of them. I will be including pics and telling you all about the artists of that night. Here are some pics in the dressing room area for artists:






Now, I took some awesome pictures with some of the acts that night and with some of the people who were in charge of the venue and booking the show. Some awesome people they were :)






Bryan Durieux (http://www.facebook.com/BryanD.music) is a singer-songwriter who has a lot of soul in his voice and guitar playing. Alongside him, is his beautiful girlfriend, with killer vocals! She and Bryan did an acoustic cover of JESSIE J'S "Nobody's Perfect" and I must say, these two are absolutely perfect. I can't help but smile and want to work with them in the future.



I took a pic with the awesome THE LONELIERS and was ecstatic to see them play. They were all about the message I was trying to spread too. It's basically to erase negativity in people and to be happy for who you are and to believe in yourselves. They're amazing and I only look forward to playing with them on the same bill again.


James Franchise was the guy who contacted me and booked me this show. He's amazing, by the way. He's a really nice guy and the venue that he had us perform in (THE ALCHEMICAL THEATER LABORATORY) was such a great venue for all us acoustic artists  The sound resonated so well that I could've played even without a mic. I was in awe of how great the venue was. And the audience was great as well! They paid attention to all the artists, and it was a different venue for me (since I usually played bars and all that jazz). They all sat in their seats and enjoyed every artists' work. I loved it! The girl next to me, is Massiel. She apparently remembered me from when I performed at the TOY DRIVE at the ROCKAWAYS, which was pretty awesome of her!



Now, I am also playing again at the same venue on JANUARY 13, 2013. Same place and all that jazz. I will be notifying all of you on what the times will be when I get the event page on FACEBOOK. But for now, I hope you guys enjoy your CHRISTMAS and have a happy new year everyone <3

Much Love,

- MD

No comments:

Post a Comment