Sunday, December 23, 2012

#15 - My 22nd Birthday Show at Gussy's Bar (Astoria, NY) and Thank You's

Hello everyone! So guess what? I'm now 22 years old! Yay! So, I had a show the night before my 22nd birthday (which is Dec. 21 - the "end of the world"...which wasn't), that was scheduled to be at RAPTURE LOUNGE on Dec. 20th. However, due to unfortunate circumstances, the venue's main power shut down. So, we were cancelled. And to be honest, I was extremely saddened by the cancellation, especially since it was the night before my birthday. I called my manager up and told him the news and posted everywhere that I wrote about my show at RAPTURE LOUNGE, that it was cancelled. I was near to tears because I was looking forward to the show. So, then...my manager calls me up and basically saves the night. He had talked to a good friend of his, from GUSSY'S BAR at Astoria, NY - OZZIE MORTANIS - and basically got me my own show. I was so ecstatic that the night was still going on. So, I rushed to post everywhere and tell everyone (that I already said that tonight's show was cancelled) that we had NOW changed the venue. This was probably the cause that only about 10 people attended. And we also had another artist on the bill that I contacted if she wanted to still play that night. And her name is SARA NELMS. You guys should check her out on FACEBOOK.

SARA NELMShttp://www.facebook.com/saranelmsmusic



I quite enjoyed Sara's sound and songwriting. I tell you guys that you MUST check her out, because you MUST! She's amazing and she is such a wonderful person. She's also pretty gorgeous (which is two very complimenting words). Now, what are you doing? Check her out!

Alright, so as the night progressed and I played my more-than-one-hour set at GUSSY's (thanks to OZZIE and to my manager, Hal, for setting it up on such short notice), it was almost midnight. I didn't even realize that they had brought in a birthday cake, until one of my friends was walking up with a red velvet cake that said, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MD". I was seriously about to cry because it meant so much to me to have such great people spend the night I turned 22. There are a couple of names I should mention and they are:

Alyssa Martone, Gabriella Neglia and Nina Theophanous.

These girls are amazing and I'm so glad to have met you all and I hope to create a bigger bond with you guys <3

Anyways, here's a little video I made that night after my 22nd birthday (12.21). The video I created was to thank everyone who sent me their birthday greetings and to all my fans and supporters and to show everyone how much I loved them and appreciate their awesomeness and where me and my husband decided to give everyone a "treat" at the end of the video. So, here it goes...and until the next time, 

Much Love, 

- MD





1 comment:

  1. We love you MD! It was a fantastic show and I am glad we got to pull it off! I cannot wait for the next show. It was great to see you play an hour+ - I think you are almost ready for the MD Tour aka "Everything Mary!" :)

    ReplyDelete