Friday, December 7, 2012

#10 - Updates, Surprises and Photoshoots

First of all, I would like to apologize for not posting for the past 3 days. I have just been so busy and still quite sick. I was feeling very nauseous today and it might be a bug going around, or probably not enough sleep due to so many things happening with my music career. And I am so happy to share it with you all! For the past few days, a lot of great things has happened. Yesterday, I went to a Hebrew School with my manager, Hal Eisenberg, and Gabriella Neglia (one of the directors of Shortstack Modeling Agency). Hal was doing a stress management program with these 13-17 year old teens. And he apparently had a surprise for them, which I found out, was me talking to them and performing two of my songs. I talked with the kids about my experience with bullying and how I managed to take myself out of that situation. I told them that I went to music when I was troubled and whenever I felt a deep emotion, I had the inspiration to write about it. They were nice and attentive. There were about 4 of them that I can remember clearly because they stood out a lot and asked questions and interacted with me. I love reaching out to my fans and supporters and would love them to feel as comfortable as me when I talk to them.

I sang my two songs, "BELIEVE" and "BURY ME". We're planning on getting to the studio to record these two songs and to create a professional music video to it. I mentioned to the class how I would like some of them to be a part of a scene in my music video for "BELIEVE", and they were ecstatic! I handed out my business cards and told them to contact me and that we would be holding casting calls. It was really nice to talk to these kids and perform for them. They kept mentioning how they would vote for me if I was on X-FACTOR and that they would tell their friends that they met someone famous. It was very flattering. OH! And how could I forget?!

So, my manager had a big surprise for me then and the kids in the room were the first to see it. Can you guess what the surprise was? :)

MY OWN PERSONAL WEBSITE!!!


I was so happy! I couldn't express myself! And I wasn't even able to see my website til I got home much later. Before I forget, here's my website:

http://www.marydesireemusic.com


GO CHECK IT OUT AND SPREAD THE WORD!!!

Obviously, it's still on the works. But, I'm so grateful for my manager and his team for doing this for me. It was an absolutely amazing surprise :)

Alright, so enough about me for a moment. I want to talk to you guys about a person I will be working with tomorrow. His name is Kasheem Daniels. He is a professional photographer and an amazing audio engineer whose long resume includes working with 1228 Lounge Recordings, Rock Ur Heart Out, Windows of Opportunity, Inc. and Atlantic Records. Tomorrow, he will be doing a photoshoot for me and I am soooo excited! And nervous too! You guys have no idea how shy I am. Ahhhh! Haha...I'm typing with excitedness there. Anyways, this is going to be my first official photoshoot. Can you believe it? :)

Here is a place where you can find some of his site online:


http://www.kasheemdaniels.me/

There are other people I will be working with soon. Two I can mention from the top of my head, are Jason Waters and Jason Lapin (both different and amazing guitarists and songwriters).

I will be doing a duet with Jason Waters and posting a video up on my YOUTUBE once it's done, as well as singing a Christmas classic with him.

There are so many great things happening and I'm just overall grateful for the sudden, but wonderful changes in my life. Oh! I will also be going back to my old high school (like I usually do every year), to perform and talk with the vocal training classes. My old choral teacher has always supported me in my music and welcomes me to share my experiences and my music with his vocal training classes to show them that you can still do music after high school. And I intend on inspiring some of them when I go there on Wednesday. Well, that's it for now. i'll keep you guys updated on what's going to happen tomorrow!!! I hope you're as excited as I am!

Much love,

MD








No comments:

Post a Comment