Saturday, December 8, 2012

#11 - Forest, Swamps and Moss. Oh My!!! (Photoshoot w/ the amazing Kasheem Daniels)

Hello, everyone! I hope you had an amazing day today (and to those who just started their day, I hope you have a wonderful day). There's a lot to talk about on this post. As some of you have read from my previous blog, today was my first photoshoot with an amazing photographer, KASHEEM DANIELS. I was so excited to do this shoot and extremely nervous. I wasn't sure how I'd be in front of the camera. So, I woke up early today to get ready for the shoot and pack some changes of clothes in my duffel bag. I basically just kept my hair straight with my bangs. My first outfit was a long sleeve dark gray v-neck and this maroon high waisted shorts I got from FOREVER 21 (which is my favorite store to shop in). I wore some black knee-highs and with my black boots. I wore my dark brown leather jacket with my dark gray scarf, as usual. It wasn't really that cold, but it was a bit damp and foggy outside. It made me think of SILENT HILL and zombies (which I absolutely LOVE). The mood felt like a little mysterious/elegant/eerie. And I absolutely love that style. Especially the mysterious part.

So, my manager, HAL EISENBERG, picked me up from my house and we set off to meet up with my photographer. We drove all the way to Far Rockaway and were trying to wake ourselves up by playing some GAVIN DEGRAW music as well as the famous musical, RENT. My manager and I both love RENT and we enjoy blasting the music in the car and singing along to the most amazing songs we've ever heard. So, we meet up with Kasheem and got our fix of STARBUCKS (as you all may realize that we LOVE). I got my usual JAVA MOCHA CHIP FRAPPUCINO, which was delicious! I don't know why I picked a cold drink at this season, but I just do. What's your favorite drink from STARBUCKS

Here is a picture Kasheem captured of me talking about my favorite drink:



And then, Kasheem catches me smiling here:




This here, is my usual from STARBUCKS :)

Okay, onward to our journey. We left STARBUCKS and ventured off to a forest/swamp area at MALBA. Here's a couple of the sceneries I took pictures of from my phone:







I managed to capture Kasheem and Hal walking through the swampy forest :)


This photoshoot was one of the most exciting events in my life. I got to sing in the forest guys! And I also got to get my shoes dirty haha.






This was one of the props used for our Industrial shoot. It was really cool playing my guitar in the middle of the street (a little dangerous, but there were barely any cars passing through where we were). We also took photos around the water there, and I must tell you how slippery the rocks were! And, the water was FREEZING! I cannot wait for you guys to see the pictures!!! I'm super duper excited beyond belief! It's going to be awesome!


And here is Kasheem editing a few pics to show to you guys (which are all here). I cannot tell you guys how grateful I am for these two guys to be a part of my life (Kasheem and Hal). They are so wonderful to work with! Kasheem has a great eye for this work. He can capture the beauty in yourself that you never saw before. And that's how you can tell that he's amazing at his work and very passionate about it. He takes his time to ensure that his work is perfect. And I'm sure that I won't be disappointed at all. 




And as for my manager, Hal, he has exceeded my expectations of someone managing my music career. Without him, I don't think my music career would be moving forward. With his help, and his amazing program (WINDOWS OF OPPORTUNITY, INC.), I can ALMOST believe I can make it all the way. But, then that's just me. I need to truly believe that I can finally reach my dreams. And this is where my song, "BELIEVE", comes to view. I NEED TO JUST BELIEVE. And I shall.

And here's just some pictures that I took of our food. I love Chicken Caesar Salads and I'm a PEPSI gal. Yeah. Haha. I hope you guys liked some of the preview photos I put up here and I hope you check out KASHEEM DANIELS at - http://www.kasheemdaniels.me/





And don't forget to keep checking out my website - http://www.marydesireemusic.com
and http://www.wooinc.org


There will be SO many more things coming up and I don't want you all to miss out on this journey to reaching my dreams <3 Until next time, keep reaching for your dreams, never give up and just believe.

Much love,

MD

1 comment:

  1. MD - I am so honored by this post. It is a blessing to be in your corner and part of the MD Camp. I envision you inspiring millions. This is the beginning of a long journey full of love and many memorable moments. I am proud of you! Cant wait to see you do the Christmas Show Saturday for all the families hurt by Hurricane Sandy! You are the real deal! - Hal

    ReplyDelete