Thursday, January 10, 2013

#20 - New Song/Shows/Photoshoot #2/Taylor Swift

Hello everyone! Once again, I have neglected to keep writing a new post every day or so. And I apologize for that. I have been busy writing new material for my full-length album, booking shows and collaborating with other musicians. But, I'm back! I hope everyone has been having a wonderful new year so far. I know I am! I was able to be inspired, sitting around in my room, on New Year's day and completed a new song. I entitled it, "LIFE, LOVE & BLUES". You may be wondering what it's about. Why don't you just take a listen for yourself and figure it out?


So, what did you think of it? I really liked it (for one of my shortest originals I've ever written). I believe it says a lot in just a short amount of time. I was inspired to write this song, the way it is, by the fact that it was the start of the new year and how people always say they want to do things for the new year, but don't do it, or at least don't try to. And what ends up happening is that they start complaining that their life isn't going anywhere, when in reality, they're just not doing anything at all, or they're doing it with wrong intentions. So, that is how "Life, Love & Blues" came to be. I'm very proud of it and you can bet that it will be in my full-length album. 

Speaking about my full-length album, I am making plans on recording at Mama Coco's Funky Kitchen Studios for my full-length album (if not the whole album, a couple songs) with my awesome horns section (David DiTrapani - Trumpet & Darius Nazario - Trombone), thanks to my previous guitarist (for my NO DOUBT cover show), DERRICK RICE JR., who works there. I definitely know that the first single I will be recording at the studio, is going to be, "BURY ME", where you can hear a LIVE acoustic performance of it here:


Also! I think I mentioned about how I'm having another photoshoot this month? Well, yes! I am! And I'm super excited to work with this wonderful photographer, Sharlotte Fondeur-Casas. We are doing a promo photoshoot for "BURY ME" and it's going to be such an exciting photoshoot. All I know is that it will be great and that I have NO doubt that it'll catch a few eyes and hopefully help draw more people in to listen to my music as well! My 2nd photoshoot will be next FRIDAY (1/18/13). So, stay tuned for photos and news about that, as well as studio time.

OH! How can I forget! So, I did a cover to Taylor Swift's dub-step-y song, "I KNEW YOU WERE TROUBLE" and did home-made music video for it. Please check it out here and "LIKE", "SUBSCRIBE" & SHARE with everyone you know, if you enjoyed it:


I really enjoyed making this music video and recording the cover because the whole song was just so catchy! And my husband, Chris, is featured as the a**hole boyfriend (which he really isn't in real life haha). It was fun acting out these scenes with him. Plus, I played around with the lighting and camera angles when doing this video and it made me feel "professional" without using any of the super expensive equipment that I don't have. Let me just say, I used my mic stand, my Logitech HD Pro webcam and my bedroom lamp as my "expensive" equipment for this music video. You gotta do what you gotta do to get your vision tangible. And I did. I'm really proud of this and I hope you guys are too. 

Anyways, enough of this talking. Hope you guys enjoyed reading my blog today and I am going to try and actually keep posting on my blog. I don't want my fans and readers to be deprived of news that are happening around me and my music. Thank you all for your support again and I hope to see you all at my next show THIS SUNDAY (1/13/13) at THE ALCHEMICAL LABORATORY THEATER (137 West 14th Street) at 7PM. Remember, it's ALL AGES and $10 at the door. Please don't forget to mention that you're there for me, "MARY DESIREE". I hope to see all your wonderful faces there and hope you all have a wonderful day!

Much love,

- MD

No comments:

Post a Comment