Monday, January 14, 2013

#21 - My Love and Passion for What I Do

Have you ever wondered what the reason was that you were brought into this world? Well, I have. And I constantly think about that. What is my purpose in this world? For one, I know I was brought in to this world, to give birth to my beautiful musical prodigy, Noah, who is my 19 month old son. Whenever I wake up and see his face smiling back at me and saying, "mommy", my heart is filled with joy and happiness. And especially when he watches me sing and play the guitar in front of him, with such attention and enjoyment, and he decides to dance about or even try to sing using his baby language. I am so proud to be a mom to a 19 month old baby boy at the age of 22 years old. I am so much happier with my life with him in it, as well as my wonderful husband. My life wouldn't be complete without these two. 

I decided to write a blog today, due to so many heartwarming comments from old friends and people I've only met for the first time, during my shows. Some of these comments really hit home and made me feel so appreciative for all the people in my life who continue to support me and my music. I would really like to take this time to thank each and every one of you for even just attempting to attend one of my shows, or actually making it...or even just voting for me for different contests I post up on my sites and sharing all my networking sites as well. Every little bit of what you do, helps me get closer to reaching my goals and dreams with my music career. I love music. I think you all know that. I appreciate all types of music and I don't discriminate. I enjoy other people's works and love hearing their soul come out through song. That's what I love. I love seeing and hearing each and every person's soul and their emotions through their work. I think we can all agree that the ones you can relate to, you can connect with in so many other levels.

These past shows I've been doing (one at my usual open mic & last night's show at The Alchemical Theater Laboratory), I've gotten so many great feedback that blew my mind. One person, in particular, mentioned how I can do better than some of the places I've performed at and that I deserve way more than that. He said that I should be playing at Madison Square Garden in front of thousands of people. I was so enlightened by that comment because I do hope to be up in front of thousands of people, doing what I love to do, and sharing my world with everyone there. I hope to make a difference in people's lives when they hear my songs. I hope to reach out to the ones who feel as if they can't go on anymore. I want to be their light in the darkness. I don't want to seem so over myself, I just really truly want to help people. 

Another comment made last night by this beautiful girl who came up to me after the show, made me feel so good about myself and my songwriting. As every artist knows, your originals, are like a piece of your soul. Sometimes, I wonder if people would get what I was trying to say or if they could understand how I was feeling at that moment when I wrote my piece. And last night, her comment confirmed it all. She said, "Your songwriting is amazing. I can totally relate to them!" That's all I really want to do. I want to be able to be relatable to my audience and give them a sense of hope through it all.

Now, enough of that. Let me fill you up on what's going on this week. Tonight, I will be rehearsing with my band to perform at an OPEN MIC in ASTORIA, NY (THE SHILLELAGH TAVERN). We are going to be performing 3 of my originals...so if you'd like to come and check it out, we'll be there around 9pm tomorrow night. Now, I also mentioned I was having a photoshoot with the lovely, SHARLOTTE FONDEUR-CASAS, for my single "BURY ME". It's going to be interesting! I am so excited with working with her this Friday and I can't wait to see what the outcome will be! And finally, I have 2 shows coming up again. One in FEBRUARY 16 at GUSSY'S BAR in Astoria, Queens for a HURRICANE SANDY BENEFIT SHOW with my manager's band, OUTLET, and another great band called GREEN OR BLUE. This benefit show is to raise money for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. Windows of Opportunity Inc. is hosting this event. I will also be doing another show at GUSSY's BAR with my band on March 1st/2nd. I will confirm all the details when I get them.

OH! I forgot to mention! I am also auditioning for the 2nd time, for THE VOICE on February 17th! I hope to get past the first round this time. If not, there's always more opportunities coming my way, I know for sure. Also, get ready for my album! Hopefully, I will get to start working at the studio on creating my full-length album. Exciting things for the year 2013. I cannot wait to share it all with you! Now, here are some pics that were taken at THE ALCHEMICAL THEATER LABORATORY by DAVISTON JEFFERS, and some videos taken by my friend, ISAAC LUCIANO-MALARET. Thank you, everyone, once again and hope to see you guys at my shows!

Much love,

- MD












My performance of my original song, "LEECH".


My performance of my original song, "WHO I AM".

No comments:

Post a Comment