Tuesday, July 25, 2017

#3 - Thoughts About My Career

Growing up, I had no idea what type of career I wanted to have. Well....I DID want to be a Disney Channel kid and do movies and perform music and whatnot...but, that dream was so highly unlikely for me back then. Not that it was impossible, but it was just not in my path. Anyways, I never expected my life to turn out the way it has turned out now. I mean, all I cared about was school, making friends and trying to keep them and crushes. I mean, that's all we really worried about when we were younger, right? We had no responsibilities or obligations to anything. I mean, the most we had to worry about was trying to be home on time without having your parents/guardians grounding you for getting home late. Man...how I wish I could go back to the days when that was ALL we really cared about.

But, we had to grow up eventually. So, here I stand...working at the moment. Well, technically, I guess I'm not really working if I'm typing out this blog...but, my job is fairly easy in the morning and it's not putting any hindrance on my work ethics. I STILL do my job...and it's actually pretty fun basically waking up to darkness and knowing people are asleep at the hour I get to work. That sounded a little too dark, but it's true. I used to work late evenings as a waitress/bartender...and that scene got tired pretty quickly. I mean, mind you...I DID enjoy coming home with a wad of cash every night I worked and making these awesome drinks and being a part-time "therapist" during my bar tending days. But, this whole waking up super early while it's still dark, and getting out at midday, is pretty freakin' awesome! 

Anyways, about my career...let's get on with that topic.

I recently restarted my YouTube channel and claiming my presence on the social media world. It has been quite a positive turnout, by the way. I mean...in the past 2 months and a half, I gained 127 subscribers on my YouTube channel and it's continuing to grow at a great pace. I am so excited for where I'm going to be at on the social media network come next year. So many great things to look forward to! 

Although it would be GREAT to have YouTube as a full time career...there are certain things I have my eyes on. First off, like I mentioned...my husband and I eventually want to open up our own food business outside of NY. But, right now...I am aiming to move on up with the company I'm currently working with. I've stated this with someone in a higher position and they seemed content with my wanting to move on up. I mean, I work hard. And I want to have a stable job where I can make good money to provide for my family, and be able to not live paycheck to paycheck. It's hard living out here, raising two young children, and barely making rent in a very expensive state. My goal is to work harder and to learn more things about the company and learn different tactics and move up. Eventually, I will get there. Although it may take some time...I feel that it is high possible for me to move on up with a company and FINALLY stay with one career instead of bouncing around from one industry to another like a tennis ball. Hopefully, I'll get there soon and finally get everything I've ever wanted in my life before I turn 30. Soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment