Thursday, June 28, 2018

#5 - Feeling Good

So, it's been about 3-4 hours since we got home from the 12th Annual Shortstack Modeling Agency Fashion Show...and I'm going to just put it out there...I'm feeling good. Performing at another Windows of Opportunity, Inc. event and being a part of something big such as the Shortstack Modeling Agency which focuses on empowering young females into being the best they can be...I'm feeling good. And yes, it's about that time again...it's almost 3am and I'm still not asleep. Maybe it's because of the way I feel, or the coffee my husband made for me. 

I'm feeling amazing. Tonight was such a great turn out for the event. I felt great after singing my songs for the night. Although I did second guess myself and doubt myself at certain moments of the songs, I'm proud on getting back up there once again. It's been so long since I've gotten into the habit of performing and singing in front of an audience. And people ask me why. I guess in all honesty, music makes me feel great and at the same time, it depresses me. Maybe it's due to the fact that the music industry is very picky and I'm feeling like at the age I'm at, it may be too late. And yes, I hear you guys already telling me, "Mary, it's never too late." And okay...I'm going to have to admit, that this month...I've been feeling good about music. Maybe it's because of the show my husband and I performed at our old stomping grounds...or moments such as tonight at the fashion show where people said I sounded good. Mind you, I may not be the best...and I don't claim to be. But, I try. Even with all this adulting and working full time and being a mom of two. It's hard, guys. 

But never mind that. I'm rambling on as usual at this hour. Everyone's asleep in the house and here I am, looking through the videos my husband took of me during my performances tonight. And also trying to edit the photos, since I can't sleep. My thoughts around this time of night...early morning...are all over the place. I'm thinking of so many positive things. I want to do a lot and I want to keep this momentum going. Maybe I'll go and write a song or even try to finish a song that I wrote years ago. I don't know. But, all I know is that I'm feeling good. Expect to hear more from me. Love you all and have a great night's rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment